Follow these key tips to light your outdoor spaces.
1. Choose fixtures with the right rating—wet, which means
they can withstand exposure to moisture.
2. Light walkways and paths. Hooded or downward-directed
fixtures prevent glare in the eyes.
3. Install motion-sensing lights outside
basement or other exterior doors that aren’t
main entrances—say the garage doors.
4. Add step lights, often mini lights, for just
a few lumens to help movement during
5. Place doorway sconces at about
eye height for efective and pleasing
illumination. For a covered entry or porch, an
outdoor-rated chandelier is a good option.
6. Position accent lights on focal-point
landscape items, including trees, fountains,
7. Reduce your lumens. You don’t need as
LED bronze rings suspended antique gold branching with crystal accents